I graduated with a BA Documentary Photography course at the University of South Wales in July 2018. This course was established by the world renown Magnum photographer, David Hurn in 1973. I have a background in industrial sales, Defence Logistics and running a SME and I’m a Canine Behaviourist. I have a HND in Business & Finance and a Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing.
Contact me: email@example.com or 07879 370 257
2020: February – to photo-document a fashion show of Refugees and Asylum Seekers, Swansea Grand Theatre
2020: March – NAWR. Stiwdio. Teacher training workshop. Glynn Vivian Art Gallery and Volcano Theatre, Swansea
2020: January – NAWR. Stiwdio. Two-day teacher training workshop. Llandudno
2019: August – NAWR. Criw Celf workshop, Oriel Myrddin Gallery, Carmarthen
2019; July – NAWR. Criw Celf workshop, Coleg Sir Gar, Carmarthen
2019: July – NAWR. Performance of the ‘Lion King’ at special needs school
2019: July – NAWR. ‘Lost Words’ sharing symposium
2019: June – NAWR. ‘Secret Life of Objects’. Amgueddfa Ceredigion Museum, Aberystwyth
2019: May – NAWR commission to produce Environmental Portraits of artists for schools project.
2019: May – Volcano Theatre, Swansea commission to document building and presentation of ‘What Makes a Home?’ project.
2019: March – NAWR commission to document Creative LEGO workshop in Gower College, Swansea.
2019: March – NAWR commission to document Lost Words workshop at Carmarthen museum.
2018: Engage Cymru. Two day commission to document the activities at Dementia Friendly Galleries workshops in Carmarthen and Swansea.
2017: To photo-document the decommissioning of Cefn Coed psychiatric hospital in Swansea, producing workplace portraits of all the staff
2017: To produce a set of images documenting the work of Gwendraeth Arts Lab who provided a series of free Sketch Book Walks and obtained funding to produce a mural at the Kidwelly Industrial Museum
2017: To photo-document the construction of a Welsh language school in Burry Port
2016: National Lottery funded Heritage Trail, providing hi-res images for interpretation panels and web site.
February 2016: Harman Ind. Ltd. Interpretation of ‘Saturday Night at the Movies‘. Runner-up
June 2020: Invited to exhibit Sofa to Shed at the Senedd in Cardiff during Men’s Health conference.
June ~ September 2019: Uncertainty & the Unknown.Institute of Mental Health, Nottingham.
June 2019: What Makes a Home? Swansea High Street
July 2018: Solo exhibition Sofa to Shed at the Cardiff M.A.D.E. gallery.
2018: Solo exhibition – ‘Gordon‘, at Studio 46 in Burry Port with a collection of images from a University-set assignment to produce a PhotoBook.
December 2016: ‘Communities‘ photo-exhibition in response to University-set assignment with fellow students at the YMCA in Cardiff.
August 2016: The Powerhouse Gallery, Llandysul
August ~ September 2016: The Conference Centre, St. Pancras Hospital, London, NW1 OPE.
May 2016: ‘Art of Caring’. The Rose Theatre, Kingston
August 2015; The Powerhouse Gallery, Llandysul
Articles and publications:
Royal Photographic Society: May 2020 –What Makes a Home?
BBC: August 2018 – ‘Sofa to Shed’
May 2017: ‘Gordon’ a collection of images depicting the life of an elderly gentleman.
Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
May 2020: Royal Photographic Society; Photo-Therapy symposium
April 2020: Royal Photographic Society; Creative Storytelling in Landscape Photography
February 2020: Quality in Art Workshop, University of South Wales, Cardiff
October 2019: Master-Print Workshop, Brecon
Two-day intensive printing workshop on colour management and digital photographic inkjet printing.
September 2019: Photography Writing Workshop, Bath – Colin Pantall
Code of Practice:
Values and Behaviours
Personal values, behaviours and aptitudes that underpin my work:
- I employ flexibility in terms of approach according to the needs of my ‘subjects’
- I am organised and punctual
- I am honest and trust-worthy
- I encourage and inspire ‘subject’ creativity and self-expression
- I have undergone training in my artistic medium
- I continue my education with Continuous Professional Development (CPD) in both theory and practice
- I am committed to Continual Creative Development
- I seek opportunities to innovate, extend and develop my practice at all times
Participatory and Therapeutic Arts Practice
- I ensure that I understand the needs of participants and ‘subjects’
- I respect the rights, dignity and values of my ‘subjects’
- I recognise that relationships with ‘subjects’ and clients are built on mutual respect
- I am able to work with ‘Others’
- I understand appropriate boundaries and safety
Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
- I am committed to personal and professional development
- I have an on-going commitment to reflective practice and continual learning and development
- I attend appropriate professional conferences and networking events
- I am skilled at working in interdisciplinary contexts, including education, teacher training and refugees
- I am committed to developing an ongoing understanding of the varied professional contexts in which I work
- I understand and observe all necessary personal and professional boundaries
- I understand the limitations of my own competence, training and experience and obtain advice and support where necessary
- I ensure fitness to practice by taking good care of myself both mentally and physically
- I am committed to ensuring that I have appropriate supervision and support where necessary
- I ensure that I dress appropriate to the context in which I am working, including Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Health and Safety
- I am committed to ensuring that I receive full induction to a project especially with regards to Health and Safety, colleagues, organisational protocols and current regulations
- I am committed to ensuring an up-to-date understanding of safeguarding needs
- I undertake appropriate Risk Assessments when planning projects
- I have appropriate DBS clearance
- I maintain profession and boundaries with clients and ‘subjects’
Management and Governance
- I endeavour to ensure that a clear brief is obtained before any work is undertaken
- I endeavour to ensure that contracts are in place for all work undertaken
- Where a commission doesn’t not offer a contact, I draw up an agreement around the scope of work, the aims of the project, dates, venues etc. in addition to fees and expenses
- I charge appropriate day rates based on Arts Council of Wales recommendations in order to ensure a sustainable practice
Reporting and Evaluation
- I keep accurate records as required
- I always obtain necessary consent for use of artwork and photographs
- I respect ‘subjects’ rights to anonymity